Because we want to give you what you need, join us and tell us what you'd like to learn more about at the conference this year by choosing from a variety of topics such as finance, new economies, the internet of things, emerging markets and more.
Step One: Pick a Format
You can chose from a variety of formats to address different needs and energy levels at various moments of the day:
- Brainstorm and create in Workshops
- Debate controversial hot topics on Panel Discussions or more informal get-togethers
- Listen and get inspired in Master Classes
- Something completely different (called "Extravaganza" in the submission form)
All break-outs are designed to stimulate interaction between participants with shared interests and offer great opportunities for meaningful connections. Also, for SSW15 we ask break-out organizers to document the results and key take-aways in a short article, to allow everyone to follow-up on the ideas later on.
Step Two: Pick a Track
We’ve created your way easier at the event. A track last typically 1 or 2 days and allows you to participate in a variety of formats regarding an specific theme.
- Decelerators and digital detox
- What’s with smart watches?
- From location-based to time-based: the role of time in objects and in the city
- Beyond real-time
- How media and entertainment care and compete for the ultimate resource: our time
- Real long term thinking
- Saving the banks: where and how to innovate retail banking?
- Bringing back the smiles: new personal, emotional finance through new apps and new models such as crowdfunding, -lending and -investing.
- New currencies and their impact: Bitcoin and beyond
- Build new trust or go bust: where do Swiss banks go after the end of the banking secret?
- Insuring the future: insurance as the native business model of both the internet of things and the sharing economy?
- Incubators, incubators and more incubators? The future of startup financing.
- Accelerating acceleration: the next generation of tools, models and playbooks in trading, investing and wealth management
- Prototyping “Finance 2.0”
- Trust in the internet of things
- How to handle your data - let’s create a simple manifesto
- Encryption solutions for newbies or concerned citizens
- New business models for environments where ad-based revenues are not working anymore
- Fresh ideas and cool method discovery
- Workshops with intriguing approaches
- Fostering change and new behaviours
- Innovation models for cities, regions, countries
- Make innovation happen: from ideas to product
- From hobby to lobby: let’s get involved in innovation policy
- Next Switzerland - alpine futures
- Next Europe
- Perspectives and innovation ecosystems beyond Silicon Valley
- How start-ups and large companies can really collaborate in the long run
- Emerging start-up scenes and their rising stars
- Informal economy/moonlighting (employee-employer relations)
- Cloud labs, crowdfunding research, open data
- Space technologies powering innovation on earth
- Design + Science
- Digital humanities, know your history: learn from the past
Lift wouldn't be Lift without a touch of fun, serendipidity and surprising activities ;)
Lift15 will offer a special track for people who want to get a mix of everything and break-out of their usual day-to-day topics to get new ideas and meet people they wouldn't normally meet.
Step Three: let's do it! CLICK HERE to submit your ideas now!